You can now get the PLM2C source code. Contact us for more information
PLM2C available for downloading
You can download a demo version of PLM2C which retains the full functionality of the product except that the source PL/M file length is limited to 100 lines and the number of INCLUDE files is limited to one. It can be activated to a fully functional version when you acquire a license and send your "site code" to Alternative Solutions. The "site code" is displayed when you invoke PLM2C as follows:
plm2c -L License
and then choose Authorize in the displayed menu. Please refer to the file "License.txt" or "License.doc" (a Word 6 document) or "License.pdf" in the PLM2C directory after unzipping the downloaded file.
(Important note: Users with a license to previous versions should not download and replace their version with version 1.4 due to incompatibilties of the licensing software. This is the only change with respect to version 1.3.5)
Download the plm2c.zip file. When extracted with an unzip utility it creats a "plm2c" directory with the following sub-directories:
- BIN - contains the Plm2c executable
- CONFIG - contains examples of the needed configuration files
- REGISTER - contains he "Register" program for registering PLM2C
- DOC - Plm2c user manual and the description of the Plm2c translator advanced features. Another document summarizes Plm2c specifications and limitations.
- EXAMPLES - Contains two additional sub directories: PLM - with PL/M short programs illustrating the non trivial translations discussed in the documentation mentioned above, and some additional examples. C - a subdirectory which contains the corresponding translated files.
It is highly recommended that you have a look at the 'EXAMPLES' sub directory to see the translation examples right after installation. It will help you get an immediate appreciation of the state of the art of this translator. Download PLM2C now.
Copy the "plm2c.zip" file to your hard drive and unzip it to create the sub directories which include the executables, examples and documentation. The subdirectory tree will be created in the current directory where you unzip plm2c. Set the search PATH to include the PLM2C\bin directory. You must also run the SetupEx.exe file in the PLM2C\bin directory to create the demo license and to enable PLM2C activation with a real license afterwards.
To see some examples go to the PLM2C\EXAMPLES\PLM sub directory and call the "trnslt.bat" batch file to automate the translation of all the PL/M example files in this directory. Once translated, look at the translated files in the "C" sub directory. Experiment with your own files and your own examples. Please see more detailed installation instructions in the "install.txt" file under the PLM2C directory.
Before you start using PLM2C
Please review the following documents before using PLM2C. They are all located under the PLM2C directory and it will take you only a few minutes:
- ReadMe.txt - a must read document with important information.
- GettingStarted.txt - a must read short document on how to use PLM2C.
- Install.txt - more detailed information on how to correctly install PLM2C
- License.txt - information on how to move the PLM2C license to another computer or to another directory in the same computer.
Additional documentation is located under the PLM2C\Doc directory:
- Plm2c.pdf - a detailed documentation of PLM2C
- Spec.txt - a list of supported and non supported features + work arounds